Bubble Gum, Cat in the Hat, Qi Gong, humidity, stupidity, cannibalism and longevity
I need a little break from heavy-duty research. So, it is time for lighter stuff and junk. I continue to monitor the news and web for insights related to longevity. Here are a few recent tidbits:
· As a longevity exercise: “The lips and cheeks can be exercised by smacking your lips several times, blowing in and out of a narrow straw or pipe, inflating your cheeks, and then keeping them that way for a few seconds and deflating, or even simply chewing bubble gum(ref).”
· You can see what the Cat in The Hat has to say about aging by clicking here.
· If you are interested in the Qi Gong traditional Chinese system of meditative exercises for longevity, you can find out about it here. The system has been in use for over 2,000 years.
· If you are old, avoid extreme heat and humidity. See here.
· One of my favorite sayings is “It’s not the heat that gets to me; it’s the stupidity.” See this on older people choosing the path of learning vs the path of stupidity.
· Interested in shoe fitting and longevity? Check it out here on tutu.com.
· Does practicing cannibalism enhance longevity? Yes, at least for some mosquitoes. Check out this research paper. As to human cannibalism it may be part of a rational diet. Check this out.
About Vince Giuliano
Being a follower, connoisseur, and interpreter of longevity research is my latest career, since 2007. I believe I am unique among the researchers and writers in the aging sciences community in one critical respect. That is, I personally practice the anti-aging interventions that I preach and that has kept me healthy, young, active and highly involved at my age, now 93. I am as productive as I was at age 45. I don’t know of anybody else active in that community in my age bracket. In particular, I have focused on the importance of controlling chronic inflammation for healthy aging, and have written a number of articles on that subject in this blog. In 2014, I created a dietary supplement to further this objective. In 2019, two family colleagues and I started up Synergy Bioherbals, a dietary supplement company that is now selling this product.
In earlier reincarnations of my career. I was Founding Dean of a graduate school and a full University Professor at the State University of New York, a senior consultant working in a variety of fields at Arthur D. Little, Inc., Chief Scientist and C00 of Mirror Systems, a software company, and an international Internet consultant. I got off the ground with one of the earliest PhD's from Harvard in a field later to become known as computer science. Because there was no academic field of computer science at the time, to get through I had to qualify myself in hard sciences, so my studies focused heavily on quantum physics. In various ways I contributed to the Computer Revolution starting in the 1950s and the Internet Revolution starting in the late 1980s. I am now engaged in doing the same for The Longevity Revolution. I have published something like 200 books and papers as well as over 430 substantive.entries in this blog, and have enjoyed various periods of notoriety. If you do a Google search on Vincent E. Giuliano, most if not all of the entries on the first few pages that come up will be ones relating to me. I have a general writings site at www.vincegiuliano.com and an extensive site of my art at www.giulianoart.com.
Please note that I have recently changed my mailbox to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink