I need a little break from heavy-duty research. So, it is time for lighter stuff and junk. I continue to monitor the news and web for insights related to longevity. Here are a few recent tidbits:
· As a longevity exercise: “The lips and cheeks can be exercised by smacking your lips several times, blowing in and out of a narrow straw or pipe, inflating your cheeks, and then keeping them that way for a few seconds and deflating, or even simply chewing bubble gum(ref).”
· You can see what the Cat in The Hat has to say about aging by clicking here.
· If you are interested in the Qi Gong traditional Chinese system of meditative exercises for longevity, you can find out about it here. The system has been in use for over 2,000 years.
· If you are old, avoid extreme heat and humidity. See here.
· One of my favorite sayings is “It’s not the heat that gets to me; it’s the stupidity.” See this on older people choosing the path of learning vs the path of stupidity.
· Interested in shoe fitting and longevity? Check it out here on tutu.com.